- LEWA triplex process pumps with hygienic diaphragm pump head M900 are approved solutions to realize discontinuous (batch mode), semi‐continuous or continuous homogenization processes aseptically.
- CIP/SIP capable process diaphragm pumps for metering challenging sterile products (e.g. functional food, nutraceuticals, parenteral nutrition and pharma products)
- Metallically sealed ball valves
- Wetted parts in stainless steal
- System complies with all regulatory standards (cGMP, GAMP, 21 CFR etc.)
- Solutions for high pressure ranges: Pressures up to 1,200 bar which are needed to realize cleanroom productions down to the nanometer range (e.g. liposomes, nanoparticles, micronizates, intravenous emulsions, vaccines etc.)
- Hygienically designed interfaces to connected piping and other components are also suited for high pressure ranges.
- Easy cleaning according to approved industry standards (QHD, FDA‐ and USP Class VI)
By homogenizing, different fluids, which are normally not soluble in each other, are dissolved to a homogeneous, single phase solution. To succeed in this process, the droplet size in the fluid has to be minimized to a small and constant diameter. This happens by using high pressure on the liquids. The substance passes through a high pressure pump, is compressed, and afterwards stress‐relieved by a homogenizing valve. In this way, solutions with the desired properties are formed.
For the pharma and biotech industry, homogenization is very important, because even the smallest quantities of a medication have to contain the same amount of the active pharmaceutical ingredient. By homogenizing a fluid, an absolute consistent blending can be achieved.
As the leading manufacturer of pumps and pump systems for the pharmaceutical, life sciences, and biotechnology industries, LEWA supports you during the development of complete solutions, which meet your process requirements exactly. Special expertise is required in the production of pharmaceuticals in order to ensure that legal requirements are met. Reliability when it comes to production, documentation, and validation are our top priorities.More Details
LEWA supports producers and plant construction companies in the food and beverage industries with pumps and systems for homogenization and dispersion, as well as for other processing operations in the food industry. We work with you to plan all the important process-related operations, such as conveying, metering, mixing, heating, and cooling so that you can process your raw product cost-effectively.More Details
LEWA ecoflow is the innovative and universal metering pump with DPS diaphragm protection system in a tried-and-tested modular system. Suitable for numerous applications, the ecoflow is our real all-around talent, relied on by customers from all industries.More Details
LEWA ecoflow is also available in sanitary/hygienic. The metering pump for hygienic applications has the same all-around capabilities and fulfills all specifications for pharmaceutical and food production.More Details
A sanitary/hygienic version is also available for the LEWA ecodos. Here, we meet all requirements for operation in pharmaceutical and food production.More Details
The innovative ecoflow diaphragm process pump shows its strengths in high-pressure applications in the oil and gas, refinery and petrochemical industries as well as in the sensitive areas of pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, food and beverage production.More Details
The LEWA triplex process diaphragm pump is among the world's most compact high-pressure pumps and can even be set up in the tightest spaces when space is at a premium. The power package has proven its strength in numerous high-pressure processes in a variety of industries. Oil and Gas icon Gas odor icon gray Refinery icon Petrochemicals icon Chemicals icon Plastics icon gray Cleaning icon Cosmetics icon Pharma icon Food icon Energy icon Other iconMore Details
The LEWA triplex homogenizing pump offers hermetic diaphragm technology for sensitive ready-to-drink products, infant food, nutraceuticals and enteral nutrition. It is ideally suited for the treatment of demanding fluids in the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries.More Details